It’s a healthy…ooopss – not that much !!! as it’s involves oil deep fry 😋 but at least with goodness of wheat bread + millets flour with which it is prepared.
Sorry for the long name in the title as I myself was struggling to name it!!! 😜
Anyways try this recipe as a evening snack for kids and adults with the little amount of nutritions inside than the usual bread bajji.
Before this post please check out how to make millets dosa/idly batter in this below link
Or of no millet batter is available just try adding some dosa batter as a substitute.
Pictures by steps:
Secret ingredient required:
Whole wheat bread – 3 slices
Besan flour – one and half cup
Millets batter/ dosa batter/ millets flour – 1cup
1 pinch of soda salt
2tsp red chilli powder
1tsp of omam/ajwain like below picture if you are wondering what it is and going to Google….l saved you..😜👇
- Cut the bread corners and cut into whatever shape you need. I prefer square like this 👇
- Add all the flour – besan + millets batter / dosa batter / millets flour + omam/ajwain + chilli powder + soda salt + salt
- Add water to make thick consistency of batter as it shouldn’t be watery for good crunch soft bajjis
3. Then dip the bread slices in the batter and deep fry on medium flame oil.
4. Make sure the bajji don’t stick each other
5.Flip it once it’s done on one side to the other and take it out server hot…ooopssss serve hot 🤭🤭(office impact)
Hot hot bajiiiiiiiiii ready….!!!
See the layer of bajji 😬👇👇 as it’s of thick consistency.. (never mean to tempt you by crunching it hot 😋😋)
Try it out with:
Any chutney/ sauces of your choice.
For the love of food