How are you all…
I’m posting this white briyani veg recipe which has the flavors of coconut milk as it enhances the taste to ttreat to our tickiling taste buds…
It’s a bland taste briyani and a spicy gravy as side dish would be best Combo!!
Pictures by steps:
Serves 2 to 3ppl
Secret ingredient required:
- Cardamom Cloves
- cinnimanon briyani leaves all 3 no’s
- Ghee and oil to suate and temper
- Coriander and mint leaves 1 hand full
- Veggies of your choice – carrot beans cauliflower green peas
- 4 green chillies
- 2nos onions
- Ginger garlic paste 2 tsp
- Coconut milk – 1 cup
- Water – 2cup
- Basmati rice- 2cup
- Curd 2tsp
- Salt to taste
- Prepare coconut milk and extract the milk for 1cup
- Cut the veggies onions and chilles
- Prepare ginger garlic paste
- Soak the rice in water for 20 min
Grease a heavy based cooker with ghee and oil and add the clove cardamom and bay leaves + green chillies. Then add the onions and ginger garlic paste
Then the rice and saute it as it makes the rice warm and it’s good for a non stick rice briyani
Then add the exact measurements of coconut milk and water and curd as mentioned in the above ingredients plus salt as needed.
Then boil till the grains absorbs all the water and put at dum
Take a dosa Kal (iron if possible – keep it for this dum usage of briyani as it will be very useful and it avoids the rice sticking and getting burnt at the bottom of cooker.
Keep in high for 10 min and slow for 5 min and switch off the flame.
Open it after 10 min and temper it with some Coriander leaves and oil.
Briyani ready 😋
Try it out with:
Mint chicken Gravy
For the love of food